It is with great pleasure that we announce the 2020 nominees for the Eileen Austin Neal RN Spirit of Nursing Award. This award was created in 2004 in honor of Eileen who worked at Springfield Hospital for 65 years. Eileen was in her 80’s when she retired and she was the first recipient of this award!
Eileen Austin Neal, RN
Criteria for the award includes communication, care for patients, nursing professionalism, and teamwork. Nominations are accepted from throughout the organization, and are reviewed and voted on by a committee that includes the previous year’s recipient and a member of Eileen’s family, among others.
The following quote from American nurse theorist and nursing professor well known for her theory in human caring, Jean Watson, PhD, RN, FAAN, HNC, best describes the commitment to nursing: “It is when we include caring and love in our work and our life that we discover and affirm that nursing, like teaching, is more than just a job, but a life-giving and life-receiving career for a lifetime of growth and learning.”
We are pleased to announce and congratulate our 2020 nominees:
- Scott Belt, RN, Rockingham Health Center
- Carolyn Berk, RN, Ludlow Health Center
- Mary Ann Bonneville, RN, Springfield Hospital, Perioperative Services/Endoscopy
- Abby Burns, RN, Springfield Health Center
- Jenna Crawford, RN, Charlestown Health Center
- Lindsey Grasso, RN, Charlestown Health Center
- Blythe Kersula, RN, BS, MSN, CIC, Infection Prevention, SMCS
- Sarah Moran, RN, Rockingham Health Center
- Kate Moriglioni, RN, Emergency Department, Springfield Hospital
- Desirae Wilbur, RN, Ludlow Health Center
Please join us in offering congratulations to this year’s nominees. The 2020 winner of the Eileen Austin Neal Award will be announced on Monday, May 11th. ###