When You Need Non-Emergency Health & Wellness Services and You Need a Ride… Ask About HealthTransit.
Public Bus System
The Current bus system, based in Bellows Falls, VT, runs daily throughout the area. The local bus schedule is included in this brochure. Special arrangements for rides can be made for qualifying individuals only, with two business days notice. Call The Current office staff at 802-460-1195, or toll-free 1-888-869-6287 to see if you qualify.
Other Available Transportation Services
SMCS staff can assist those in need by arranging transportation with other transportation services in the area, or providing financial assistance for transportation needs. Ask your Care Coordinator or your primary care office staff for details on the Health Transit program, or contact the Community Health Team at 802-885-7604 for assistance arranging HealthTransit services.
How to Locate Available Transportation
1. Search available bus options.
2. Ask family and/or friends if they can assist.
3. Check taxi services or other available public or private services.
4. Inquire with Care Coordinators about HealthTransit.
5. Contact the Community Health Team for assistance.